Enrolment and Tuition
Long Term Study
Including GST and the New Zealand Ministry of Education Levy, the tuition fee for long-term International students is NZ $13,800 per year including GST.
This includes a $400 administration fee. All students pay for their own stationery and school trips. They must have medical insurance and a uniform which costs approximately NZ$250.
Should you be submitting an application to NZ immigration for permanent residency, it is recommended that fees be paid term by term, or per semester.
Short Term Study
Short Term Individual Visits – 2024 Term 1 Enrolments have closed.
2024 Term 3 Enrolments being accepted
We have a weekly fee for students wishing to study at our school for a shorter period. Individual students must be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian throughout their tuition period.
Short Term Study Fees
Weekly study fee – $500 (plus GST 15%)
One-off non-refundable Administration Fee of $400 (which includes Ministry of Education Levy)
Included in the fees are;
-Induction sessions (before arrival and on enrolment) including International Student induction booklet
-All tuition costs (including immersion programme in domestic student classrooms)
-Stationery and learning materials
-Any local visits or additional in-school sessions organised by school
-Parent activities (2 sessions each week of study)
-Farewell photo and gifts
-Certificate of study at Pigeon Mountain Primary School
Not included in the fees are;
-Travel insurance (this is compulsory to study at our school)
The following documents are useful for anyone considering short term study at our school.
Bilingual Brochure Bilingual Overview
Group Visits – Term 1 2024 programme accepting applications
We only accept groups of students of 5 or more for a minimum of 2 school weeks. For fees or information about tailored programmes, please request information directly through our school. Students studying at Pigeon Mountain School in a group must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian OR stay in approved homestay accommodation with appropriate police/vetting checks. We suggest contacting NZ Student Care who are a local company providing approved accomodation options for international students http://www.nzstudentcare.com/
All international students (both individuals and groups) attending Pigeon Mountain School must have current medical insurance.
Please contact us through email or WeChat if you have any enquiries or questions about our International Student programmes.
Please complete the International Student Enrolment Form and email to email@example.com
- The International Student’s parents complete the International Student Enrolment Form.
- The application is submitted for approval, to International Student Committee from the Board of Trustees, consisting of the Principal and the International Manager.
- Once the application has been approved, a Letter of Acceptance of Application, (Offer of Place), together with ‘Current Fee Structure’ form, is forwarded to the student.
- A Tuition Agreement is signed between the School and the Student’s parents and payment of the fee is made. The amount of the fee is determined by the term of tuition chosen by the Student. A copy of this Agreement is given to the Student.
- Once payment of the International Fee has been made, a receipt is issued.
- The Student can now apply to the Immigration Office for a Student Visa, showing the receipt and Tuition Agreement to support their application. The visa or permit must be endorsed with the name of the school at which the student is seeking to enrol.
- Once the appropriate Visa is obtained, the Student is in a position to commence studies at Pigeon Mountain Primary School on the date agreed to in the Tuition Agreement.
PLEASE NOTE: NO STUDENT CAN COMMENCE STUDIES AT PIGEON MOUNTAIN PRIMARY SCHOOL WITHOUT ALL RELEVANT DOCUMENTATION.